General intention and expectations of candidate:
You will develop and maintain Quorum’s disaster recovery solutions in appliance and in the cloud. In cooperation with development, QA, sales and support team members you will identify necessary improvements an implement those in accordance with Quorum’s code development standards.
If you are self-motivated, enjoy the dynamics of a startup company, find satisfaction in delivering value to customers quickly, and believe that untested code is broken code – we would like to speak with you !
San Jose, CA or Brooklyn Park, MN
Develop and maintain Quorum’s disaster recovery appliance and hybrid cloud solutions
Learn about the current product and suggest and implement improvements
Design, develop and implement software modules with minimal supervision
Ensure product quality by following design and coding best practices
Collaborate with all team members to deliver value to our customers
BS + 3 years experience or MS + 2 years experience. The candidate should have a degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
- 3+ years’ experience in system level programming.
- Strong experience with C++, C, and scripting languages.
- Experience coding and scripting in Windows and Linux environment.
- Development of client-server architecture solutions
- Network programming and protocol knowledge of HTTP/SMTP/DNS
- Experience with and strong knowledge of test driven development.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to understand complex software design and algorithms, and design / develop testing approaches for them.
- Experience with Xen Server or other virtualization environments
- System level administration skills
- Results oriented.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with the mission.
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
- High professional standards - Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and work experience).
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.