The new enterprise-class onQ 4.0 platform boasts an all inclusive disaster recovery and backup management console, simplified.
SAN JOSE, Calif. - November 2, 2016 - Quorum, the leader in one-click disaster recovery and business continuity, today announced general availability of its onQ 4.0 platform offering the industry’s most complete suite of high availability, disaster recovery and hybrid cloud (DraaS) solutions. Quorum onQ 4.0 offers one click recovery, allowing customers to cut disaster recovery time from hours to minutes. Other key highlights in onQ 4.0 are the ability for automated DR testing and sandboxing for production level patch and configuration testing. The best part is all features available in onQ 4.0 are delivered and managed from a single management console.
Key features with the onQ 4.0 platform:
• Instant Recovery - 1 click starts a virtual clone of production servers
• New UI - browser based, single view and color coded for easy problem ID
• Automated DR testing - clones are started and verified after each backup
• Sandbox environment - local subnet allows patch and configuration testing
• Migration Tools - bare metal restore to same or different hardware.
• Replication - compressed and encrypted backups are sent to customer DR site or Quorum cloud (DraaS)
• Archive - policy based migration and retention
• Backup - server image, apps and data compressed and encrypted
• Deduplication - both at the source and destination
The key features of the Quorum onQ 4.0 product are aimed to address clear customer and partner demand for more solution consolidation, automation and simplicity. Based on a recent study conducted by Quorum named, The State of Disaster Recovery Report, it is clear that businesses are dealing with overwhelming complexity and cost, and are looking to simplify and consolidate solutions. It is also clear clear that businesses are looking to migrate more disaster recovery capability to the cloud or hybrid solutions.
Some of the key findings of this study are:
• 75% of respondents are leveraging cloud based disaster recovery solutions, with 36% using a hybrid on premise and cloud model and 39% using only DraaS.
• 89% of respondents are planning on implementing more cloud based disaster recovery
• 64% of respondents are using more than 3 different disaster recovery products with 26% using between 5-10.
• 90% of respondents would be interested in consolidating their disaster recovery into one management console.
• Over 80% say that it takes over an hour to recover from a server failure, even with 72% of respondents saying that speed of backup and recovery is extremely critical.
There are several significant trends concerning IT leaders in this study and the full report can be viewed here: State of Disaster Recovery Report - 2016
“This release is significant in that we are offering customers the only solution that provides HA, DR and DraaS in a single pane of glass." said Simon Pearce, CEO, Quorum, “We are focused on being the fastest recovery solution in the market offering one-click recovery to any combination of infrastructure. This is an underserved market; customers are trying to get by with old technology and onQ version 4.0 represents the next generation in disaster recovery capability.”
“A product that can cut recovery time from hours to minutes, and a solution set that outdoes all of our competitors speaks for itself,” said Darin Pendergraft, Vice President of Product Marketing. “The ability to perform automated self-testing and cloud sandboxing with any combination of HA, DR or DraaS, makes Quorum onQ 4.0 a highly competitive offering in this mature marketplace.”
Quorum OnQ 4.0 will be available the first week of December to customers. For more in depth information on capabilities, architecture and affordability, please visit our product page http://www.quorum.net/product
About Quorum Quorum enables IT teams to provide business continuity and the fastest recovery from server downtime in the industry. Quorum onQ was first introduced in 2010 and has since evolved into a powerful platform delivering backup, one-click instant recovery, deduplication, replication, automated recovery testing and extensible archiving, all delivered as a hardware appliance, virtual machine or as cloud based disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS). With offices in the US and the UK serving customers worldwide, businesses of all sizes like the easy installation, flexible deployment options and fast recovery. To learn more, visit us at www.quorum.com or follow us on twitter: @quorumlabs
Enter both words below, separated by a space
Please enter the words or numbers you hear
This is a standard security test that we use to prevent spammers from submitting fake response More Help