Accelerate Implementation of your onQ Appliances
The onQ QuickStart service includes all the installation guidance and product training necessary to ensure you realize all the benefits of your onQ appliances, quickly and seamlessly.
WHAT DOES THE QUICKSTART SERVICE INCLUDE?
The QuickStart service is an essential ingredient to rapid implementation of your onQ solution. Delivered by Quorum or a Quorum Certified Partner, the QuickStart service encompasses all the tasks necessary to install and deploy your onQ appliances, along with on-line training.
- Installation Assistance: Installation professionals will walk you through the first-time process of installing and configuring your appliances to protect up to three servers and assist you in planning for protection of all remaining servers in your data center.
- On-line Training: QuickStart on-line training consists of two separate sessions designed to provide you with a solid familiarity with all the appliance's architecture and features. Additionally, we will cover some of the initial configurations, live recovery and basic problem solving techniques.
- Session One: The first session is structured around adding the first three protected nodes. A dedicated support member will walk you through the process in real time. We will review each node for disk space requirements, and discuss how Microsoft's Volume Shadow Copy Service plays an integral role in allowing us to take snapshots of your servers in real time. We will also review potential schedule conflicts from third party applications and provide recommendations.
- Session Two: The second session allows you to review the status of the initial configuration, ask questions and receive additional training on the various recovery scenarios with an opportunity to do a real file-level recovery. We will also review the procedure of relocating the Disaster Recovery appliance without disrupting the connection between the High Availability and Disaster Recovery appliances. Finally, you will be setup with an online account allowing you to have direct access to support in case issues arise after the QuickStart process is completed.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE QUICKSTART SERVICE
- Kickoff meeting to establish goals and timelines.
- Configuration of appliances.
- Installation of the onQ Agent on up to three servers with initiation of protection.
- Initial backup and RN creation on the HA appliance.
- Initial data synchronization and RN creation on the DR appliance.
- Testing RNs within the onQ test network, including configuration of the RN Self-Test schedule.
- Training for up to three members of the onQ technical team. Delivered remotely.
- Review of best practices.
- Review of HA failover and recovery procedures.
- Creation of the DR capacity plan.
- Review of DR failover and recovery procedures.
- Creation of a plan to complete configuration and protection of remaining servers.
- Final meeting to ensure goals have been met.